Learning To Not Overstate SEO Efforts!
The competition for top ranking with popular search engines is limitless. Unfortunately, there are some who do not compete honestly and are either temporarily or permanently excluded from the competition. Black Hat SEO is what these techniques are called and SEO in Houston experts say that this kind of cheating causes a lot of trouble to users, who end up with results that are manipulated and irrelevant.
In order to have any SEO in Houston results against competitors, it is important to be sure that all efforts conform with good optimization practices. Following is some important information on things to avoid that would be considered overstating SEO efforts.
- Keyword Surfing – Keyword stuffing is a very unethical way to rank a website, involving the use of keywords too often in content. Usage should be conservatively a maximum of seven percent of the entire content, otherwise the information provided would be difficult to read. Keywords should be located in the title, headings and first paragraphs, formatting in bold or italics only a certain number of them, not all.
- Hidden Text – This technique utilizes text that is hidden and not visible to the user’s eye but visible to search engines. The page will appear to be keyword-rich to a spider’s eyes, yet invisible to the human eye by means such as white text on a white background. This is highly unethical and mostly banned.
- Doorway Pages – A page that is filled with keywords and created to get the attention of the spiders is a doorway page. Unlike hidden text, it has no value to visitors at all; its only purpose is to get a high position and trick visitors to going to that false website. At one time this technique was considered legal at one time but no longer. Google will punish websites that use these methods.
- Content Duplication – Content plays a large role in optimization and cannot be duplicated. This happens when the same text is present on the same site, a sister site, or other linked sites and are presumed to be related. Using the exact same content on another page is not a good practice as it can drop the ranking of a website. Syndicated content will also drop results, so be sure to double check that all content is original and unique; without this quality, it will surely mean defeat in the SEO arena.
- Unhealthy Links – This may not be a new term for most experts in SEO in Houston, but unhealthy links are those that come from blacklisted or link farms that can cause ill effects to a website. In addition, a website should have more inbound than outbound links as inbound improves ranking more.
Not overstating SEO efforts by knowing that the above tactics are not good can help bring about good results to every page on a website. Be sure to work with a good and reputable company who is knowledgeable about SEO in Houston as skilled professionals know best how to avoid overstating website SEO efforts!
Contact the Web Unlimited Experts For Maximum SEO in Houston Results!
Are you looking for someone to assist you with SEO in Houston who can be trusted to do it correctly? Contact Web Unlimited at (888) 516-0172 who can expertly help you with this important task!