Site Navigation – Make It Simple!
To make a website effective and user-friendly a Texas website designer must ensure that it is navigable and accessible. Online navigation will determine the efficiency of a page and improve the number of surfers who visit to buy the products or services offered there. If surfers experience any difficulty or complications with a page’s function, they simply click off the site which means losing the opportunity to convert a seller into as well as negating that link to increase online traffic.
It is important to understand the value of simple navigation elements that provide web surfers the opportunity to access information and learn more about a company and its products with just a few clicks.
To create a good and effective layout, a Texas website designer has to think, act and create from a visitor’s perspective. By using this method, a feel can be gained navigating experiences. Following are three common considerations to achieve excellent navigation.
- Easy Access – A website should be easy to access from other pages, not just the home page.
- Meet Expectations – Surfers have individual expectations when visiting, although it is commonly assumed that a web page will be easy to use, highly functional and require little effort to access.
- Minimum Clicks – The fewer the clicks, the better. Most online viewers are looking for information; when simple navigation options are provided, information is rapid found which increase the likelihood that the viewer will stay, explore, increase online traffic and boost sales.
Common Design Guidelines
Certain guidelines should be followed to encourage surfers to visit the page and see what a company has to offer. Following are some basic points to make navigation more effective.
- Organize Links – All links should be organized based on importance. Online readers should be able to easily find any information and all elements should be linked without complications to prevent visitors from becoming confused.
- Clear and Consistent – Clarity and consistency is fundamental in good web page organization. From a design aspect, the top left part of a page is the ideal place for a link since it is the best seen location when browsing. All primary links should be at the top to avoid scrolling down and any images should blend in with the design.
- Minimize Navigation Choices – Having a lot of options is great; however, it is a disadvantage to visitors as it keeps them from exploring the web page. Remember that most visitors are very impatient so navigation should be available and just a click away.
Increasing online traffic, sales, and page ranking can all be achieved by gathering “clicks” through simple, yet effective navigation. Internet savvy and inexperienced visitors alike should be able to explore a website without difficulty. Keeping it organized, understandable, clear and consistent; and providing fewer choices can help bring more visitors to a website to learn more about company products which is best achieved with the expertise of a Texas website designer. They have the knowledge and ability to help any website increase its sales, page ranking, traffic, and revenue generation by creating simple, yet effective navigation elements!
Call Web Unlimited For an Excellent Experience With a Texas Website Designer Company!
Do you need a Texas website designer to create a professional website for your business that is easy to navigate? Call Web Unlimited at (888) 516-0172 who can create a site that will bring visitors back for more!