What Can Web Design Expect in 2013?
Fishermen always gets the weather forecast before heading to the far side of the lake to ensure a smooth trip both coming and going. Similarly, a precautionary attitude should be applied when considering future Houston web design needs. Having a good idea of what trends will come to the forefront in 2013 will help prepare websites to keep up with the current techno trends.
Though some of these expectations may be a little overstated, it would be wise to find out what will be new in the next year. Below is a summary of some ideas that have recently surfaced in the online arena.
- Backgrounds – Components that aren’t front and center can go unnoticed and taken for granted. Attention to detail in backgrounds will become a relevant website component in the next year.
- Responsive Web Design – Internet availability on mobile devices has become the way most searching is done. With responsive Houston web design, all mobile platforms can surf the internet without content getting jumbled or lost. Instead of having to creates different websites to accommodate varying screen sizes, designers can create a single layout that will be perfectly displayed on any screen size.
- Single Page Layout – Animation technology has created a need for dynamic single page layouts. Though many large companies may not find single page websites suitable, it will be the first choice for personal pages and portfolios and very popular next year.
- Typography – Font variations will make typography trendy in 2013. In fact, instead of using images, the choice will be to use different fonts to enhance a website’s appearance.
- Scrolling – Horizontal and vertical scrolling has become an important way to accommodate mobile device screens. In 2013, vertical scrolling will take the lead. Mobile users find vertical scrolling to be more efficient and easier to navigate. So vertical scrolling with menus and buttons will become a hit.
- Buttons – Large buttons will be a big deal next year as users love to touch and tap a mobile device screen. Having a design with huge buttons allows it to be easily seen; however, huge buttons are heavy graphics and may slow down browsing. If a way can be found to work around this problem, expect huge buttons next year.
- Branding – To become easily noticed and recognized by the public, a branding campaign should be launched – and this will be huge in 2013. This task includes choosing a logo, color scheme, images and typography to fit a business’s brand identity.
It is important to know what is ahead in order to keep up with the ever-changing web design industry. Without such knowledge, it would be easy to get distracted and have websites become irrelevant. By paying attention to what trends are shaping up, the future of web design will be smooth sailing!
Web Unlimited Has The Houston Web Design Know-How To Keep You Competitive!
Is your website a little outdated? Get in touch with Web Unlimited at 888-816-0172 for access to the best Houston web design to make a website the most current one in your niche!