Important Information About SEO and Keywords!
To return a comprehensive list of results when a user makes a search query, the major search engines employ automated robots known as crawlers or spiders to scour the web for data and catalog it in digital indexes. These crawlers look specifically for keywords and determine their relevance on each page based on their implementation. Austin SEO professionals specialize in researching which terms to use and how to incorporate them to achieve the highest page rankings through various methods as listed below.
- Initial Research – Companies looking to optimize a website ranking should begin by researching which queries are used most frequently by users searching for content related to that business. There are a number of online tools that can display these statistics, some of which are user free. These tools can also be used to find related terms and phrases that can be adopted as keywords to further improve the relevance of a web page.
- Similar Keywords – Websites that incorporate terms related or similar to the main keywords have a higher chance of attracting visitors. For example, a website promoting inexpensive boxing equipment will be more likely to receive traffic if it also incorporates phrases like “cheap training gear” and “cheap weights” into its content than a website that speaks exclusively about boxing.
- Implementation – Once keywords have been selected, they must be implemented in the right places. This is where enlisting the services of an Austin SEO expert to do the job can be very helpful, a firm that understands the difficulty of determining how often each term or phrase should be used to improve page ranking without compromising content. This is called keyword density and various search engines have different ways of using this to rank websites.
- Keyword Density – If a term is repeated too often, it can cause search engines to classify the site as spam and prevent it from appearing on any results ranking page. Generally, if the key phrases are incorporated into text in a way that does not appear distracting to a reader, the keyword density is considered appropriate. Most online readers scan pages quickly to find useful information, so it is beneficial to place these terms in the page title, headlines and subheadings of the content. For the benefit of crawlers, the key phrases should also be placed within the meta tags of each document.
- Exact Terms – To be effective, the keywords must be implemented exactly as they appear in query statistics. While capitalization can be changed, other factors such as spacing, punctuation and even spelling mistakes must be intact. Unfortunately, by correctly spelling a word that the majority of internet users misspell in their queries, a company can actually compromise their page ranking. Finding a way to incorporate these terms may require a bit of creativity, especially as common search queries rarely form complete or grammatically correct sentences.
The art of keyword implementation lies in providing a pleasant reading experience for a viewer while catering to the automated crawlers that gather data for the search engines. Combining these two concepts is the key strategy to increasing the number of visitors to a website. By enlisting the help of an Austin SEO provider, necessary research and effectively incorporation can be accomplished using the terms that will create the biggest boost to page rankings. Hopefully the above information will be valuable to learning more about SEO and keyword usage!
Web Unlimited – The Austin SEO Experts!
Are you trying to find a dependable Austin SEO company to help find the correct SEO keywords for a website? Call Web Unlimited at (888) 516-0172 – they are professionals who can help incorporate these important terms into the design of your website!